Paint Schoodic

We had another successful painting workshop at the Schoodic Institute in beautiful Acadia National Park. Join us in 2018!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Winter evening at Twelve Corners

Winter evening at Twelve Corners, sketch, 12X16 or thereabouts, oil on canvas

I was waiting for my son at Brighton High School and amusing myself by taking photos of the streetlights with a handheld camera. Never thought of the photos as a painting until it was suggested by my friend Pilan. Here it is in an expanded sketch.

3 comments:

TexasBirdGirl said...

Beautiful, I love the light.

Carol L. Douglas said...

Thanks! I love the winter light better than I love the winter cold, but after a few months of it, I'm glad to see the days slowly lengthening again.

SqUaNg said...

I love this painting btw.