Happy New Years! 6X8, Carol L. Douglas
Yesterday I wrote that I was surprised that I’d met my goals for 2014, with the exception of selling my house (deferred so my son could finish high school in Rochester).Here are my goals for 2015:
1. To do a better job with this “accountability partner” thing. I got lucky last year.
2. To finally learn to update my own website so I don’t have to whine at my children to do it for me.
3. To identify meaningful ministry and pursue it. To have a talent is nothing if one doesn’t do something for one’s fellow man with it.
4. To identify and purchase an investment property in Maine, one that will generate income while allowing me a place to rest my tired head.
5. To create a master schedule of plein air events I want to do. While I realize I could just ‘follow the wind’ and still be working every week, it would be nice to be a bit more organized.
6. To paint and show a series about wooden boats under sail.
7. To get stronger and fitter so that I’ve got more energy when the summer painting season comes around again.
8. To make this year’s Sea & Sky workshop a great experience for my students.
Angel, 6X8, Carol L. Douglas
Whew, that’s a lot of goals!
Somewhere out there, my accountability partner is schlepping her way home from New Jersey. After she recovers from the traffic and the noise, I hope she has a chance to email me her goals.
Double Rainbow with Unicorn, 6X8, Carol L. Douglas
What about you, fellow painters? Are you willing to commit your professional goals to ink this year?
Santa (blonde), 6X8, Carol L. Douglas
Let me know if you’re interested in painting with me in Maine in 2014 or Rochester at any time. Click here for more information on my Maine workshops!