Paint Schoodic

We had another successful painting workshop at the Schoodic Institute in beautiful Acadia National Park. Join us in 2018!

Monday, September 3, 2007

Voila! The new studio.

New studio space—spacious, with focus spots, color-corrected ambient lighting, and plenty of north daylight (when the sun is shining).

The project which consumed my August is finished. Here is my new teaching space, a lovely, calm, graceful room with great light. And here are my fall classes, for those readers in the Rochester area:

Studio in Art

Saturday, 10-1
Wednesday, 10-1

(Oil, pastel, acrylic, watercolor)

This class focuses on still life as a fundamental tool for developing drawing and painting technique. It is appropriate for both beginning and advanced students. Instruction emphasizes direct painting, where paint is applied solidly rather than through glazing. For watercolor and acrylic, the emphasis is on alla prima techniques.

$100/month

Figure

Saturday, 2-5
Wednesday, 2-5

(Oil, pastel, acrylic, watercolor, drawing media)

This class focuses on the figure’s relationship with the built environment. In addition to working with live models, we will study human anatomy, drapery and clothing. The class is suitable for both beginning and advanced students. Students without a background in figure drawing are encouraged to begin in charcoal.

$137.50/month

5 comments:

Paul said...

That looks like a great place to work and teach! You have been working hard, but can be very proud of the result. Beautiful!

Sandy said...

Mrs. Perot, it's a nice color. I'm thinking about painting my deck... I think the guy who painted our deck didn't stain it but painted it with paint...

Carol L. Douglas said...

Sandy, my sweet, as soon as I return from NYC I will come and look at your deck and give you my free advice (worth every penny).

Paint is terrible on a deck because the moisture in the ground causes it to peel no matter what care you take in preparation.

What class are you taking from me this semester?

Paul and John, thanks for the compliments!

Pam in Colorado said...

I love your studio. If I lived nearby, I'd take a class just to soak up the simplicity of it. Then I'd pay attention and hopefully find some hidden ability!

Carol L. Douglas said...

Pam: the question of "talent" is very interesting. I am constantly surprised by people. I currently have a student who amazes everyone with her work; when she started she had absolutely no art background. Other people have tons of skill but are so paralyzed by fear or confusion they can’t go forward. There is simply no telling who will succeed.

I wish you were closer, too!