![]() |
| Adirondack Path, 14X18, by Carol L. Douglas |
This weekend as I sorted and labeled paintings for what is
likely to be my first,
last and only Black Friday Sale, I kept an eye open for a painting suitable
for a friend and colleague from North Carolina. I’ve known her for more than 25
years. Although we haven’t lived in the same city for a few decades, through
the miracle of social media I’ve watched her take up painting and develop into
a skilled artist in her own right.
| Hudson sunset, 12X16, by Carol L. Douglas |
One painting kept speaking to me as being appropriate for
her: a sunset over the Hudson. This very rarely happens to me; I usually stay
out of the process of selection anyway. I sent her a photo, she likes it. I
know she’ll love the finished work, and it will be wending its way south this
afternoon.
My brother and his three kids just arrived for Thanksgiving. This
complicates my sorting-and-labeling project, since it has to be confined to my
studio.
![]() |
| Evening squall at 12 Corners, oil on canvas, by Carol L. Douglas |
Still, there was (barely) enough room for another couple to
sort through the unframed works on my table and find two that they liked. The
first—a picture of a snowsquall in downtown Brighton—was just on my blog last
week. It is a reminder of all the times I’ve spent waiting for my kids in the
loop at 12 Corners Middle School. The other was a reverie painted in the
Adirondacks.
Today and tomorrow, I’ll concentrate on getting images of
the work in this sale up in an online folder. Yes, I’m happy to ship them, but
if you’re able to stop by on Friday afternoon, that would be even better. As I
may have mentioned, there will be wine.
The holiday un-sale is from 2-9 on Friday, November 29,
2014, at 410 Oakdale Drive, Rochester, NY 14618. It includes plein air and studio work, framed
and unframed, along with prints and notecards—everything 25-50% off.




No comments:
Post a Comment