 |
| My errant palette knife has returned home, with a spiffy monogram. |
After a beautiful drive across the state, I arrived at
Palenville in mid-afternoon. Unpacked and rested, I wandered into Jamie
Grossman’s kitchen, where she handed me the palette knife I’d dropped in her
creek last summer. Not only did she return it to me, she returned it
monogrammed.
 |
| A wee little sketch of rocks and a tree. |
Patricia McDermond and I had 45 minutes to paint or draw
before it was time to dress for dinner, so we wandered back to the creek with
our watercolor sketch kits. I didn’t fall in this time, but I didn’t paint much
that was brilliant, either. Three fast and weak watercolors in my notebook and
I was done.
 |
| A wee little watercolor sketch of the same tree. One drawn and three watercolor sketches in less than an hour. |
It usually takes me about three hours to do a 9X12 plein air painting. But that doesn’t include the driving time, the sketching time, or the
falling-in-the-creek time.
 |
| Success is a glass of wine on your friend's deck in the woods. |
There are still a few openings in my
2014 workshop in Belfast, ME. Information is available here.
No comments:
Post a Comment