| A Happy Harbor, oil on canvasboard, by little ol' me. |
In two days I’ll be on my way to Maine to teach the first of
this summer’s workshops. Today’s task was to finalize selections for my
season-long show at Lakewatch Manor.
Although I would dearly love to bring my painting of the HalveMaen Passing Hudson Highlands, the inn itself is more than 250 years old, and my
sense is that smaller paintings will be in scale with its rooms.
| Surf at Rockport, oil on canvasboard, by little ol' me. |
Often I go back several years and am shocked at how
differently I respond to individual pieces. However, the small painting of surf
at Rockport, above, was my favorite the instant it was finished. It has waited several
years to be shown in its proper place, and I’m thrilled.
However, A Happy Harbor (at top) is a painting that snuck up on me
and surprised me. I considered it incomplete when I did it, but I absolutely
love its spontaneity now.
| Surf at Port Clyde, oil on canvasboard, also by little ol' me. |
| Boatyard, oil on canvasboard, also by little ol' me. |
No comments:
Post a Comment