![]() |
| Painting on a floating dock during the Quick-Draw. My preferred vantage point for boats. (Photo by Howard Gallagher) |
I have an informal contest with a Maine pal about which of
us can be mentioned most often in the media. Until this week, we were tied, but
I think I just out-paced him with photos in the Penbay
Pilot and the Camden
Herald.
Saturday is my 33rd wedding anniversary and my Dear Spouse
has been very even-keeled (ahem) about my being away so often, so I will
reluctantly miss the auction of our paintings.
Two works will be in it, this:
| Camden and Mt. Battie, oil on linen board, 12X16 |
And this:
| The Schooner Mercantile, oil on canvasboard, 11X13 |
The Wet Paint Auction will be held on Saturday,
September 7 from 6:30-7:30pm at the Bok Amphitheatre in Camden
Harbor Park, located behind the Camden Public Library. (A bit of trivia: these
gardens were designed by the Olmstead Brothers and Fletcher Steele in 1931, and
they are worth the trip to Camden in their own right.) There will be a preview
prior to the auction, from 5:30-6:30pm. Kaja Veilleux of Thomaston
Place Auction Galleries will conduct live bidding.
However, you can also bid long distance, via email by
clicking here. Absentee
bidding will close at noon on Friday, September 6. Absentee bids must
include your name, address, home and cell phone, email address, name of artist,
title of painting and maximum bid (not including tax or shipping). Absentee
bidders will be notified of the results on Sunday, September 8.
Yesterday I said that
there are three beginning painters signed up for the October session. I stand
corrected—there are three novices, one intermediate, and one advanced painter. If
you haven’t registered but want to, know that October 2013—last session with
openings in 2013—is selling out fast. Or, let me know if you’re interested in
painting with me in 2014. Click here for
more information on my Maine workshops!

No comments:
Post a Comment