| Three watercolors done by Shirley last October. I can't wait to see what she does in Maine this October! |
The greatest compliment to an instructor is to have a
student sign up again for another year. While I was in Camden last week, I
learned that Shirley, a student from last October’s Irondequoit Inn program, will
be joining me in Maine this October.
Shirley is darn intrepid. She let us put her in the bottom
of a canoe and paddle through a choppy lake and a maze of streams until we
reached a beaver dam and had to back our way out. I promise right here and now
we won’t be doing that again.
| Shirley letting us take her for a canoe ride... |
But I also promise that the food—of such high caliber at
last year’s workshop—is at least as good this year in Maine.
Shirley has a BFA from Syracuse University and was a
prizewinner at the second annual Chautauqua National Exhibition. (In the spirit
of things coming full circle, I participated in two Chautauqua National shows myself,
a few decades later.)
To balance her out there are three novice painters signed up
for the October session—and a couple of additional openings, one of which
probably has your name on it. She’s a lovely person, and you’d enjoy being in
class with her.
If you haven’t
registered but want to, know that October 2013—last session with openings in
2013—is selling out fast. Or, let me know if you’re interested in painting with
me in 2014. Click here for
more information on my Maine workshops!
No comments:
Post a Comment